ADOPT A TEACHER WISH LIST
Name: Deborah Stokes
School: Booker T. Washington High School
Tell us a little bit about you. Things you like outside of school, etc.…
Reading various Newspapers and Periodicals
Watching Informative, Arts, and Educational TV Programs
Give us an idea of your education passion, can you tell us something of why you chose education…
I am from an educational family. Both my parents and relatives on both sides have either taught or have worked for Houston ISD. From my early years my parents expressed the importance of a good education and I took to the family business, so to speak, like a fish to water. I know that teachers are the backbone of all success in this country and I have dedicated my life (over 35 years) to ensure that I do my part to create a solid and diverse foundation in ELA for all youth that I have taught.
To help you feel better what do you like? Card, Starbucks, candy, prayer, etc.… list as many things as you wish
- Prayer is always the foundation of
- Coke, soft peppermints, cheese puffs, and peanut butter crackers
To help you with supplies, what items are you wanting?
- Pens and lined paper for my students are always
- Post it notes
- Inspiration notes for children in
- Coupons and Gift cards for student work completion and excellence in work