Getting Disaster Assistance from the Small Business Administration (SBA)

SBA offers federal low-interest disaster loans to businesses of all sizes, most private non-profit organizations, homeowners and renters.

Business Physical Disaster Loans – loans to businesses to repair or replace disaster-damaged property owned by the business, including real estate, inventories, supplies, machinery and equipment.

Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) – working capital loans to help small businesses meet their ordinary and necessary financial obligations that cannot be met as a direct result of the disaster.

Home Disaster Loans – loans to homeowners or renters to repair or replace disaster-damaged real estate and personal property, including automobiles.

Current deadline for application is 10/24/17 for physical damage and 5/25/18 for economic injury.

Three Ways to Apply to SBA

  • Apply online using SBA’s secure website at
  • Apply in person at any Disaster Recover Center and receive personal, one-on-one help from an SBA representative. For additional info, visit, call SBA at 800-659-2955 or email
  • Apply by mail: Send completed paper applications to US Small Business Administration, Processing and Distribution Center, 14925 Kingsport Road, Fort Worth, TX 76155

Additionally, the US Small Business Administration and the Texas Gulf Coast Small Business Development Center Network announced the opening of a business recovery center in Houston to provide a wide range of services to businesses impacted by Hurricane Harvey.  No appointment is necessary.  All services are provided free of charge.

Business Recovery Center

University of Houston

Small Business Development Center Region Office

2302 Fannin St., Ste. 200

Houston, TX  77002

Monday-Friday  8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.

Saturday-Sunday  9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m


2017-09-05T14:23:26+00:00 September 5th, 2017|Chamber News|