ADOPT A TEACHER WISH LIST
Name: Linsey Brewster
School: Marshall Middle School
Subject: Social Worker
Tell us a little bit about you. Things you like outside of school, etc…
I enjoy traveling and spending time with my kids. I have 7 kids. They are all actively involved in sports and attending their sporting games and events are the highlights of my weekends. My oldest is a senior this year. I also have developed a liking to cooking since the pandemic started.
To give us an idea of your education passion, can you tell us something of why you chose education…
I chose to work in an educational setting because I felt as a social worker this is the best place I could reach kids. They spend more time at school than they do at home a lot of times and I wanted to work where I could make the most impact. I am starting out at a new school this year and starting from scratch. I am super excited because I have never worked in middle school before.
To help you feel better what do you like? Card, Starbucks, candy, prayer, etc… list as many things as you wish.
I like to eat. Chick Fil-a, Tacos, pizza, and Chicken Wings. I like anything white Chocolate. I also love when people pray for me.
To help you with supplies, what items are you wanting?
- Incentives for students (candy, hot chips, juices)
- Flex seating for groups ( non-cloth bean bags, lawn chairs, gaming chairs, stability balls)
- Kinetic sand to help with de-escalation
- Stress reliever toys
- Social emotional Board games (these are a couple, but anyone will do. the mindfulness game, the talking feeling and doing game)
- Regular board games for fun days
- Motivational posters
- Compositions books of any kids for journaling
- Old magazines for vision boards
- A real nice colored pen set. The students will use them for their journals