Anyone interested can call the clinic at 713-660-6620 and leave a message for Dr. Rowley.
Pay is commensurate with experience, $18-26/ hour. Full time M-F, 8-5.
Benefits such as PTO and medical benefits available after 3-month probationary period.
Job Title: Certified Medical Assistant
Work Hours: Full-time (40 hours/week; 8-5 Monday through Friday, and 4 hours one Saturday per month or less)
Employment Type: Employee will start as an hourly employee then transition to salaried employee with benefits including PTO and medical benefits after a 3-month probationary period
Desired Start Date: ASAP
Upscale Family Medicine clinic specializing in Functional Medicine is seeking a certified medical assistant to join our growing practice.
- MA Certificate or 2 years’ experience in a clinical role in a healthcare setting
- 1 year experience in phlebotomy
- Positive and professional attitude
- Must have a passion for health and wellness and long-term learning centered around healthy lifestyle and disease prevention
- Up-to-date CPR certification
- Warm, friendly personality
- IV experience
Typical job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performing clinical tasks (documenting patient histories, workups, vitals, injections, phlebotomy, assisting with procedures, IV administration + more)
- Collecting lab specimens
- Preparing patients for examinations and performing routine screening tests
- Assisting physician with exams, as needed
- Answering phones and scheduling appointments (front desk)
- Communicate using appropriate medical terminology
- Exhibit proficiency using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and email
- Learning and using electronic medical record system
- Assisting with managing social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Google My Business, YouTube, LinkedIn and Yelp
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Commensurate with experience
All patients and family or guests of patients are required to wear a mask and are screened for fever at the door.